Green Printing Options
Here are a few highlights of our Green Printing Options program for production managers and marketers looking for eco-friendly ways to produce their printed materials and advertisements. Please contact your Concord Litho rep for additional details.
- Concord Litho is a Forest Stewardship Council chain-of-custody certified printing supplier (#SCS-COC-001191), allowing us to offer FSC certified papers from well-managed forests. We have experience switching customers to an all-FSC workflow.
- Concord Litho is also a Sustainable Forestry Initiative chain-of-custody certified supplier (#NSF-COC-6S651).
- All jobs automatically reviewed for format efficiencies designed to reduce waste. We can also assist you in choosing lighterweight stocks that will still meet your performance and design needs; brightness is another factor considered in your eco-friendly paper selection.
- All CMYK projects are produced with inks made from a high concentration of natural, renewable materials including a variety of vegetable oils (soy, linseed, sunflower, canola, castor, and/or rosin); and custom formulations are available.
- Our state-of-the-art on-press waste collection and vacuum systems help us save and recycle more than 8 million pounds of paper every year.
- We also recycle all plates and inks, and proactively monitor our VOC emissions to ensure they are as low as possible (under 2%).
- Concord Litho has installed a host of energy-saving equipment and lighting, and has been recognized by the US Department of Energy in 2005 for its active participation in the national Save Energy Now program.
- Concord Litho is an active DMA Premier Supplier and supports its Green 15 and Recycle Please initiatives. We are also one of the first organizations to take the Green 15 Supplier Pledge (for more info on this program, please visit the DMA's Environmental Resource Center).